undo write protection
BradwellConsultant
2010-03-19 10:40:01 UTC
Camera attached via USB has become write protected so cannot rename and save
in Windows Picture Manager. How do I change this back to read and write?
John Inzer
2010-03-19 13:25:31 UTC
Post by BradwellConsultant
Camera attached via USB has become write protected so cannot rename
and save in Windows Picture Manager. How do I change this back to
read and write?
Did this same memory card previously work correctly?

If_yes_ it may be an issue with the Read/Write slider
on the edge of the memory card. Moving the slider
slightly toward center may help.

Some users report that taping over the slider solves
the issue. Personally, I would be concerned that the
tape could be lodged inside the reader.

There is a long thread with much discussion on this
subject at the following link:

SD Card Reader says the card is write-protected
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/11414-2-card-reader-card-write-protected

Good luck.
--
J. Inzer MS-MVP