Microphone settings
Karwin
2010-04-24 09:21:02 UTC
In recording settings, Realtek Audio doesn't allow me to choose anything else
but "stereo mix". How to get it choose other options, like "line" &
"microphone"?
Mary Sauer
2010-04-24 12:04:32 UTC
Might ask at Realtek
http://www.realtek.com.tw/
--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/
"microphone"?
John Inzer
2010-04-24 13:32:33 UTC
Post by Karwin
In recording settings, Realtek Audio doesn't allow me to choose
anything else but "stereo mix". How to get it choose other options,
like "line" & "microphone"?
==================================
Sorry...I don't have "the" answer but maybe
the following links will offer some ideas:

Mixer Toolbar Issues
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Mixer_Toolbar_Issues

Windows Vista OS
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Windows_Vista_OS
--
Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
Karwin
2010-04-24 21:34:01 UTC
Thank you guys for linking. Took an hour but unfortunately took me nowhere.
John Inzer
2010-04-25 01:55:22 UTC
Post by Karwin
Thank you guys for linking. Took an hour but unfortunately took me nowhere.
========================
Sorry...just thought it might help.
--
Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
Dave townsend
2010-04-28 19:56:01 UTC
Your computer's soundcard should have a seperate mic and line input. Both
are usually 1/8 inch stereo connections. You should be able to connect a
line level or mic to one of those connections and hear it though the
software. Mic and Line level sources are usually controlled by which input
you connect to on the soundcard, not by your software. As long as your
software is set to use the soundcard as it's source, you should be all set.
If your soundcard doesn't have a seperate mic and line input to may not have
that option available.