Is Clip Art protected by copyright?
Tracie
2005-02-25 01:47:02 UTC
I have downloaded several clips from Office Online and used these in posters
for a local government health program. Are there any restrictions imposed by
Microsoft for users of their online clip art? There is no profit or
commercial interest involved in the use of the art. Rather, it is solely for
communication and promotion of a health and safety program for municipal
employees.
Paul Ballou
2005-02-25 07:53:24 UTC
If you have a valid license to Office, you can use the clips:

Personal items
Business items, under the following restrictions:

1. The clip should not be used as a part of your logo.
2. If you are selling an item which depicts the clip, the clip cannot be
the primary value of the item ( you cannot sell a clipart collection or sell
a book of just clipart, etc)
--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.
employees.
gobrowns
2005-11-19 14:20:03 UTC
Sorry to bother you, but by reading this post, I believe it is OK to use a
clipart image on porducts for sale by our non-profit organization. Is this
correct?
Personal items
employees.
Paul Ballou
2005-11-20 01:51:50 UTC
As long as the clip(s) are not the primary value of the item for sale......
--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Life would be easier if we could view the source code
Post by gobrowns
Sorry to bother you, but by reading this post, I believe it is OK to use a
clipart image on porducts for sale by our non-profit organization. Is this
correct?
Personal items
employees.
Bill
2010-04-07 20:35:01 UTC
What if a clip-art image is used on an educational video and played
throughout the hospital & clinics? The video is by a non profit, county
government hospital and will not be for sale or profit.
Post by gobrowns
Sorry to bother you, but by reading this post, I believe it is OK to use a
clipart image on porducts for sale by our non-profit organization. Is this
correct?
Personal items
employees.
Mary Sauer
2010-04-08 09:53:58 UTC
Legalese:
http://www.microsoft.com/About/Legal/EN/US/IntellectualProperty/Permissions/Default.aspx
--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/
Post by gobrowns
Sorry to bother you, but by reading this post, I believe it is OK to use a
clipart image on porducts for sale by our non-profit organization. Is this
correct?
Personal items